View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RV GTO

Originally Posted by lifesbeenablur View Post
Hello SR! Today is day 11 and I feel great except for a few things. The last couple of mornings when I wake up I feel like I'm hung over for about the first ten minutes and I even have the cotton mouth feeling. Once I get up and get moving for the day I feel fine. I have also been feeling hot one minute cold the next then feel fine. Is some of this normal after 11 days in others experiences? Is it just my alcoholic brain playing out the same morning routines it has for so many years? My kids had been sick last week so the hot and cold feelings could be me just coming down with something. Which would be new to me because I wouldn't know the diference between being sick or just hung over.
From my numerous experiences: the major physical symptoms go away after about 5 days with the exception of the shakes which have taken up to 10 days. "Brain fog" has taken up to 2 weeks to disappear. My pdoc who used to head up an addictions unit told me probably a month before everything disappeared. For me, about 2 weeks to start to feel "normal".

Then you get into PAWS "post acute withdrawal syndrome" which varies person to person and that's another lengthy subject. Luckily I have not experienced PAWS.

Just my experiences - hope this helps in some way.

RV