View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
meree

To Neferkamichael: congratulations on 84 days. That's amazing, and I for one am rooting for you. As they say in the program: "Don't quit before the miracle!" And to RecallingMyself: I am in recovery for almost 18 years. I agree with you that there are people who judge addicts harshly. It's hard for me to discuss my ex's crack addiction with certain people - even family, b/c of the fear of judgement. I still love him, and I'd give the world for his recovery. I hate crack, because I believe it's pure evil, and it pains me to see and hear of anyone who is struggling with addiction to it, or who loves someone who is addicted to it. I guess all of this boils down to each of us trying to figure out how to do the only thing each of us can actually do in this lifetime, which is to take care of ourselves, and keep the focus on ourselves. I know this is the truth, but what has been hard has been the process of detaching from the addict to allow him to be responsible for his own stuff. Thank you for acknowledging that acting in love for another person may involve making and carrying out very painful decisions. And on a final note - thanks to the comments from the crack addicts in recovery. You give us hope that a solution is possible, and I congratulate you. I cannot even fathom going through what you've been through, and I hope you are given the strength to continue on the path of recovery and ultimately live the life you deserve.