View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 01:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RecallingMyself
An Afterthought

I don't know how this will be taken. But, I am an addict. I'm not on "hard" drugs, yet, I'm an addict all the same. I love my fiance and he loves me. He does not support what I do. Still, firsthand, I do know that addicts need love too. Perhaps, addicts need love more than non-addicts. And, people say that addicts cannot love anyone else because they don't love themselves. That is not true. I love myself. However, I have dealt with so much pain and dissappointment that it is difficult for me to deal with life sober. I was given drugs by a trusted close relative when I was only 12 years old. I had no idea the effect that it would have on my life. Before I knew it, I was an addict. Once I became an addict, it was difficult to quit. Now, I'm an adult and after 13 years, I'm just now making an honest effort to stop what I'm doing once and for all. I feel that people judge things too harshly when they cannot empathize with another's experience. On behalf of all addicts out there, I would like to thank the people who are able to still love us and who are able to love us so much that they are obligated to leave us. I understand... Thanks you!