View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mjMagdalene

Thanks for responding, Cassandra and neveragain. I've been in a funk that last couple of days so I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

I could bail on the party and let my husband go by himself while I stay home with our son. I doubt my friends would try to push anything on me I didn't want to do, but at this stage of sobriety I (myself) would easily give in just so I wouldn't "feel left out." Back in my college days, I used MJ as a "social lubricant" and mostly to help me feel comfortable in my own skin. That doesn't work so well for me anymore these days. I need to stop avoiding reality and deal with the ugly issues at the core of my addiction.

To answer your question Cassandra, marijuana withdrawals are uncomfortable, but it's definitely not as hard as giving up cigarettes or caffeine even. These past 21 days I've experienced headaches, irritability, sleep disturbances, loss of appetite, and a bit of depression. These symptoms can last anywhere from days to months since marijuana is stored in our body fat and takes a while to flush out of our system.