View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
soberred

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
I read a few like this on line but not on this forum. It could have been yours I templated off of - I really found it very "freeing" to write it and thank the people who have come before me

I really felt like I broke up with someone who I liked at times but who really wasn't good for me.
Mine was a bit different. Here goes

Alcohol, my abusive lover

I fell in love from the very first time we met. You made me feel alive. You enhanced my senses. You made me feel exciting, fun and attractive. It started out slow. But the more I had of you, the more I needed you. Then things changed. You started controlling me. You manipulated me into thinking I could not live without you. You started to become physical with me. Hurt my body. Hurt my mind. Your control made me lose my friends. Kept me away from my family. Caused me to do things I would never do. I spent all my money on you. I lost my car. I lost my dignity. I tried to end it several times. Only to have you beg me to come back. Telling me that things would be different. I couldn't be happy without you. I was nothing without you. I would come back. Only to find myself in your grips again. Only to feel like I am worthless. I knew you were no good for me. I knew I had to end it. But it was so hard. I was so lost without you. That was your lie. Then one day I ended up in the hospital. You hurt me to the point I thought I was going to die. I saw the faces of my children. I realized that if we continued, I would surely lose them and die. It is over. I have ended it for the last time. Good bye to you alcohol. My abusive lover. I pray you will never touch my lips again.