View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
HopefulWifeHere

Originally Posted by RedCandle View Post
Sigh...

Can I first say, it feels *wonderful* to get some feedback on this...

Maybe spending time IS sending the wrong message. I suppose I AM being selfish on that end...I truly enjoy the time when I feel like I have my best friend back. Its great to laugh and joke again!

But yes, when he went in to talk about marriage on the phone yesterday...all the bells in my head went off.

I don't want to be the reason that he throws up his hands and says, "Well, this isn't worth it! We have no future, where's my bottle!"

Of course, I know I can't control this...

But what is a healthy and compassionate way of setting these boundaries and understandings? How can I say this?

Truth is, I don't enjoy where I am and what I'm doing right now. I largely ran away to this place because I am in so much pain. That's embarrassing to say...but its true. So, it's hard to just bask in my present enjoyment...because this move was a sorry excuse for a solution....

Thanks everyone!
If the bolded was really his reason for drinking again, then that shows where his priorities lie. HE is responsible for his sobriety, and nothing you do should be blamed for it if he falls.