View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tryintosmile

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
Tryintosmile, have you ever been single for awhile? I'm under the impression that you don't stay single for long and move from relationship to relationship.
How do you know me so well? Just one comment and you've hit to the heart of the matter. After my 3rd live-in relationship (one was a marriage) I lived with my sister for 3 years. I would have been GREAT on my own, but I was too scared to be fully self sufficient. It was really stupid, because I had no faith in my own abilities. It was a chance to really get myself together and I was pretty smart financially. Spent within my means. Great job, etc.

Instead, I was constantly looking for 'someone'. At the bars, on the phone telepersonals (no internet back then) and well - anywhere. I didn't believe that I could take care of myself but I was doing fine. I DIDN'T BELIEVE IN MYSELF! My sister 'threatened' to move out to live with her boyfriend so I said he could move in. Gawd - I wish I'd just let her move out. I wish I'd kept going and worked on myself and waited until the 'right one' came along. Then I met the A - and the rest is history. HUGE MISTAKE! Fear ruled my life and I guess it still does now - more than ever, as I am even less self sufficient financially as I was back then. I don't want to end up going from having a beautiful home and everything (materialistically) to living in a rooming house or something. My nightmare ... sad