View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TitiEmily

Yes, it is court mandated rehab...otherwise he would not need to be there, you see, because he doesn't even HAVE a drug problem anymore...he hasn't smoked for the past two months (while he was in jail) and is never going to smoke again, so OBVIOUSLY he does not need drug treatment. And he certainly doesn't need any counseling...it's not like his life of being abused, neglected, and abandoned, kicked from one place to the next, has affected him EMOTIONALLY at all. So the only goal he can possibly imagine working on while he is there is his education. (Just in case there is any doubt, I am sarcastically repeating my SON'S explanations here...I know he needs to be there!)

And yes, he has already started with the complaints about the facility...

I am just hoping that the staff there will be able to connect with and engage him and start to get him to look at his life a little more clearly. I mean, this is their area of expertise, right??? Sometimes I worry that he will be too manipulative even for THEM...especially since the Unit Supervisor I spoke to was full of praise about how mature and grounded my son is, more so than the rest of the kids they have there. Ha! I told him I'd call him back in a couple months and see what he has to say then...was that bad???