View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FoxyFilly

Thanks for your reply FailedTaper. I have peripheral artery disease I've had 5 hospital admissions and 3 surgeries since May the last amputated all the toes on my left foot. Hyperbaric treatments have increased the blood supply to my foot so that the doctors are hopeful that there is suffiecient blood supply for the wound left by the amputation to heal. I've got a long way to go but I think I've turned the corner and can see the finish line.

What I don't need is to be addicted to the pain meds along with everything else.

So far, no withdrawal symptoms but I expect they will come. Have I mentioned that I also quit smoking after 50 years of a pack a day. 15 Aug 2011 was my last cigarette. I'm puffing away on the e-cigarette now.

I'm taking it easy today after overdoing yesterday. My sister is coming over to change the dressing so I'll be premedicating (4 mg dilaudid) b/c dressing changes are always painful. The surgeon left an open wound (no flap) so the non-adhering dressing adheres and pulling that off hurts.

I'll be keeping posting

Foxy