View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FoxyFilly

Question Oxycotin and Lyrica

Good morning or at least it is morning here in Durham, NC.

I have been taking by RX 60 mg oxycotin 3 times a day, 100 mg Lyrica AM and 200 mg PM, and 4 mg hydromorphone (Dilaudid) as needed for pain. I've been taking this level of meds for the last 2 1/2 months.

About 2 weeks ago I was taking the dilaudid every 3 hours (OK so it was closer to every 2 hours). As my pain levels decreased I have cut back to taking only 4 -6 mg of the dilaudid before and after, the becoming (TG) less painful dressing changes.

I saw my pain management doctor Thursday AM- I wanted off the lyrica since I have been having some pretty heavy side effects (I've gained 15-20 lbs of mostly water weight since I have not been eating, loss of the ability to concentrate, and hallucinations (Wednesday, there was an Old English Sheepdog sitting quite peacefully to my left while a school bus was to my right.). Instead of weaning me off the Lyrica she was more concerned about getting me off the oxycotin.

The doctor gave me a 9 day program to reduce my oxycotin from 60 mg 3 X a day to 40 mg 3X a day. After which she said I should start omitting the middle dose and then the AM dose and finally the PM dose. She did decrease the lyrica to 100 mg AM and PM.

The reason for me posting here is to find out if anyone has had trouble with withdrawl, at the levels of meds I have been taking. I started on the 9-Day program yesterday (Friday) and I didn't notice any symptoms of withdrawl other than having trouble sleeping last night which is not unusual. I was having a lot of pain last night because of my stupidity. I was given permission by my surgeon to put weight on what is left of my left foot. I've been hopping around on one leg for the last 3 weeks and I think I over did it. I haven't taken any dilaudid since I got up but the pain is getting a bit more than I can ignore so I may pop a dilaudid soon.

Thanks for any advise or insight into what I might have to face in getting off these meds.