View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
IvanKatz

Cassandra,
Congrads to you on day 6! I'm proud of you!
I will guarantee you that in the next couple of days, physical W/D will be a thing of the past!!!!!!!

I have a couple of suggestions for you that will make your life soooooooooo much better in your mental transition time (I'm speaking from experience)

Watch as many funny movies as you possibly can. The more you laugh, the faster your brain will start making it's own feel good chemicals.
Take two hot showers a day!
Drink as much fluids as you can stand. This will force all the latent chemicals out of your system.

FORCE YOURSELF to get exercise - Seriously *FORCE YOURSELF*! Exercise is the greatest thing you can do for yourself as it will help prevent your upcoming depression. Yes - you ARE going to have feelings of depression. It's part of the healing process until your brain starts producing it's own Dopamine, Seratonin, etc. Exercise will speed up your brain in this regard.

Eat HEALTHY, skip any and all junk food. Sure, have a reward on occation but healthy eating will also help speed the process.

Get good sleep!

Again, LAUGH!

Engage yourself mentally. DO NOT pass all your time with the TV! TV is passive to your brain. The more you engage your brain, the better! Have conversations, laugh, think,read, cry... ENGAGE!

If you do these things, I will GUARANTEE you that you will shorten your recovery road by great lengths.

You have to remember that you did some serious damage to your brain. The road back to "normal" is a steep one but remember that your journey DOES have a destination.

I've posted this before and if you have never seen this, PLEASE WATCH THIS!!!!!!! You WILL BE INSPIRED!!!!!

Short Film | The Butterfly Circus

BTW ***SIDE NOTE****- For any of you readers out there I'm curious if anyone has ever noticed a particular smell your body produced when you were using? It's a rather unique sour chemical smell most apparent when you wake up in the morning. You can smell it on your body and your clothes. Then after detox about 5-6 days later, you no longer smell it?