Thread: 60 Days !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cuyootoo

60 Days !!!

This is the longest without drinking that I have gone in 18 years. Oh my goodness. I will try to find a chip meeting to go to because I have never had a 60 day chip (does one even exist?). I have gotten a 30 day chip on two separate occasions in my life.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes when you quit drinking you still feel bla? That is what happened to me this time. I have quit for a period of 30 days in the past and two times I felt like I had quit drinking but was still stuck mentally. That's what happened to me this time too. I have seen a few people at aa meetings like this as well, like we just didn't ever really snap out of it. It's like we can't fully wake back up or something. Kind of sad really.

Anyway, I started taking lecithin 3 days ago, it has a lot of choline and inositol, and I have to say it has made me feel a lot better mentally. I also ordered some Piracetam, a supposed nootropic, online to help combat this lingering bla feeling. I will let you know if Piracetam helps even more. Just the lecithin alone is have a really positive impact.

I have committed to another month of sobriety, so 90 days is just one more month away. It is just really difficult for me to imagine the rest of my life sober. I guess there are some really ingrained patterns of drinking. I will focus on rethinking my coping mechanisms, and hopefully the Piracetam helps. Does anyone else have any experience with this sort of thing?