View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Joybot

There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone who just cracks open one bottle to go with his dinner and he's done for the night.

The problem we have is self control, impulse, and the inability to know when enough is enough.

I can see myself as a collector. The more expensive the bottle is, the least likely I'll bother drinking out of it. I don't know why that is. My friend gave me Remy Cognac XO as a gift a few years ago and it sat on top of my shelf untouched for a year. I left it there as decoration. We had a big celebration later on the following year and I brought it out for everyone. It was shared experience.

However, here I am running down to pick up the cheapest liquor and drinking it like I don't care.

I can see myself having a wet bar stock full of exotic drinks I pick up during my travels. This very idea stems from when I was 18 and I saw my friend's dad collecting all these gorgeous looking bottles. Some of it were 30 years old. They don't drink out of it. The whole thing was the purpose of decoration. His dad only drinks out a Whiskey he puts to the side.