View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 11:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Joybot

I have no urges to drink sometime

If I'm pre-occupied with something for a long period of time, I would forget all about alcohol. I went on a roadtrip over the weekend with a friend and we stopped and ate at various places and not once did it ever crossed my mind to drink alcohol.

I am a heavy drinker and have consumed ridiculous amount in a week but if I got two weeks without alcohol, I don't feel anything at all nor do I get the urges.

Lately, it has taken me several days now to go through a bottle. It seems to me that my urge for alcohol is wearing off. I wonder about people who can't seem to sit still if they don't drink anything and how bad their addiction is. Even though I'm a heavy drinker, I'm glad I'm just not addicted to a point where I must DRINK something even if I go two days without it.

I actually just buy alcohol out of habit now and not because I have the urge to drink. I always need to have a bottle present so that I can have a piece of mind and also knowing that if I do want to drink, I can just pour a shot.

Right now, there is an unopened bottle of Jack Daniel and I have no urge to open it and it's been sitting there for 3 days.