Old 11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

I completely identify with the "voices" etc. BUT, in my experience, it is exactly the opposite. I am fully convinced it is my lizard brain that has kept me alive and it's my higher brain that is the one chattering away "justifying" the crazy behavior.

My lizard brains says "you're tired, go to sleep" and my higher brain starts "no, not yet, the night is young! lets watch tv, lets get online...."

my lizard brains says, "have something to eat, you're hungry' and my higher brain says "yeah, a pop tart will taste good, don't worry about the calories you'll work it off at the gym...you tool a vitamin, you don' tneed to eat an apple.."

etc etc etc.

lizards don't chatter much. lizards don't think and overcomplicate everything.

I am quite sure it is my lizard brain that, in it's slow powerful drive to live, has nudged me towards recovery while my higher brain was still trying to convince me I was having fun.

It's NOT my higher brain that can't stomach the smell of bourbon anymore. My higher brain wants all over the place to indulge in some top of the line whiskey, my lizard brain recalls what happened the last time I drank bourbon and makes my stomach wretch at the smell of the stuff.

Lizard brain for the win!