View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
USMCsgt

3 weeks today!!!!! No one is aware of what I've been going through (including my wife), but over Thanksgiving almost every person from our families said something about me seeming different, happier, back to the old me. My mother in-law actually hugged me as I was leaving and said "I don't know where you've been but I'm glad you're back".(If she only knew) Then a few nights ago, my wife told me that the past week has been the happiest shes been in years because of this recent change in me.
All this really made me realize the huge affect that opiates have had on my personality, my life, and on the lives of those who I care about most. When they said those things to me, it gave me an incredible sense of accomplishment and made me feel proud of myself and confident I was on the right path. And Even though I still don't feel 100% "normal", I know that if I stay on this path, I'll soon get to where I want to be, and then I'll never look back.

Some Helpful Tips if you're wanting off Subs or opiates...

1. Tried every thing otc to sleep. Ambien would give me 3hrs. Lunesta is the only thing that worked for me, I got 7-8 hrs with it.

2. The first week just sucks. but after 3 or 4 days amny of the symptoms go away but you're left dealing with the few that don't want to go away and they are the most difficult to deal with in my opinion. Insomnia, and the extreme exhaustion(which is from both the withdraw and the insomnia). Without a sleep aid it's impossible. Once I got my sleep somewhat under control, the exhaustion was bearable and I would drink coffee before noon but NOT AFTER, and it helped.

3. As my drill instructer told me in bootcamp...."Hydrate!, and if you still feel bad, Hydrate some more". You have to make yourself drink water. I'd give myself a break with 1 gatorade a day but then I was back to chugging water.

4. Get your butt up and do something. on day 5 I had to go to an event and I was thinking, "I'm not going to make it, putting my pants on seems like an impossible task to me right now" but I did it and once I was out, it felt good. But you need to exercise.....get some blood pumpin.

There is other stuff but I've been typing this for most of my lunch time so I'm going to go eat. Reply or send me a message if you want some more info.