Old 11-28-2011, 09:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
I think part of recovering is fear. But it's a healthier fear than the fear of running out of booze. It is part of our make-up as alcoholics. I think even though we have basically dealt with issues of why we are drinking there is still that magnet to WANT to drink. Even though it made us useless and shameful there is still the thrill and excitement about sauce. Sure, it is scary. Every true recovered alcoholic should still hold on to a shred of fear -it is that fear that keeps us sober. We know what will happen. We know the consequences. We know where we will inevitabley end up.
Sure, in the early beginning fear of sobriety, fear of alcoholism, fear of living and dying, fears of getting on in our day, etc. are indeed a healthy experience as we mature into our sober lives.

I'm a true recovered alcoholic, and why should I hold on to any shred of fear exactly? Its certainly not fear that keeps me sober. Fears weaken me, and steal and erode my faith away. The only good worth fear has in my life is to ignite and bring to life my experience of courage and bravery in the face of my fears.

You of course can speak for yourself, but as for this truly recovered alcoholic it is not fear which keeps me sober. Spirituality in spite of my fears, surpassing my fears, overwhelming my fears, those experiences keep me sober, as do other life experiences and lessons learned as well too.

Hey, so how do magnets work?