View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Niobe

Thank you everyone for the postings. I can relate to almost all of what you have mentioned. After I posted the initial comment, I had a talk with him. I suggested that whenever he is in a bad mood, we should just spend out time separately. If the bad mood starts when we are together, he should just tell me a key word (we have decided) and I will just leave without any hurt feelings. Since the last Thursday, his mood has been very stable and we have had a wonderful Thanksgiving and fun weekend together. I hope we will learn to cope with this problem nicely and try to be happy most of the time. I will certainly check into Dry Drunk Syndrome and will also check on his blood suger level and etc. gerryP: I agree that being honest with each other is the most important key to stay happy together. He said he is always honest with me but I think he still does things that he really doesn't want to just to please me...we will work on that! akrasia: You are very right and what you have written sounds very much like what he told me the day we had a discuassion. He said, "Most of the time I don't want to try new things but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't enjoy. You have told me to try new things and so far I have enjoyed most of them so please don't stop asking me to try new things with you." I guess he needs time to be comfortable with new way of living (I would, too!). Maybe I am more easy going than he is...maybe I should be a bit more patiant and give him chance to adjust changes.

Anyways, I feel much better now and am willing to try to understand him better.

Thank you everyone!

Last edited by Niobe; 11-27-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: wanted to add more