View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hopeworks

You need to accept that you didn't have the power to change your husband and having the knowledge you are gaining now in your own recovery does not give us special powers either.

Knowledge is not enough ... it is the surrender that the alcoholic has to find within himself and the willingness to seek help by any means. Surely he already knows that you are going to alanon and what AA is and how to dial a phone?

It sounds mean but if you push him towards AA he might very well go through the motions in order to manipulate you and others including the court system. I can't advise you what is right in YOUR situation because every person is different and there are million variables and the paths are not identical.

In my case I pray and meditate and try to elimiate my own desires and hear from my HP and unless there is clear direction to get involved in something. Remember that yoru HP set the stars in place and can well take care of your A with a burning bush, an audible voice or just a simple divine appointment with another A on the street! 3rd party validation is usually a lot more attention getting with an A then the ex-wife who sounds just like the teacher in Peanuts to him : "waaah, waaah, waaah, waaah"!

Pray for a miracle... divine appointments or a clear peace as to WHAT you should do in this matter would be my suggestion... your compassion and desire to be a light is commendable.

Alanon would be a great place for his mom!