Thread: 8th day
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cantopop

8th day

and physically so far things have been surprisingly easy. Sleep first days was pretty bad, hellish dreams, sweating etc - after the 4th day that went away.
I haven't had any cravings to speak of, the few times i felt like having a beer has been when easy to connect with being hungry and tired (I guess alcohol have been functioning as some kind of energy source - I already have lost a few pounds).
I don't feel like getting drunk or even tipsy at all. I'm very surprised, this is not what I expected at all. Except the social part, the idea of never having a drink again is not very upsetting. This has not been at all what I expected.

So that was the good part. But the mood is another story! Anxiety all over the place, fatigue, depression with intense feelings of being a failure. Barely able to work and even small tasks feels like big burdens. I start to think that I've just been drinking to mask underlying psych problems and that the cycle of "drunk or about to get drunk"/hangover somehow has protected me from these feelings. Again, not at all what I expected, I was expecting to feel emotionally better after giving up drinking, not worse!

So, how does it work? How do you separate "withdrawal" from underlying problems? Have anyone else had similar experience?