View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Windblown

I wonder how many times do they ask after we say no.....continually...hmmmmm. I have said No, three times sence AS moved out. I think it must get easier but I feel the twist in your heart as if I were on the couch too. It is awesome that you were able to have her over at your house and have a Holiday together! And laughter too! Maybe just focus on the positives. I am learning about the grief process....because when addiction takes over a loved one...it is as if that person has died. So when someone dies I read the best thing you can say to the grieving loved one is...try to remember the happy, positive fun memories that you shared together. And you have some very recent ones...just today.

And here's another one...let's always keep hope in our hearts because miracles do happen. Both for ourselves and our loved ones. I am proud of you for saying No. Thank you for post because I will need your strength on Sunday when I see my As behind bars.i will say No too.

Love is not at all what I thought it was. It is not caretaking, but caring. And saying, No, is loving YOU. It all has to start with us. You loved yourself enough to say No...what's good for the goose is good for the gander!