View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OwlFeathers

the end of an otherwise nice day

Thanksgiving actually went so smooth for me today. We always have everyone here, and for a change everything lined up well, food done at same time, Turkey was awesome and the stuffing moist! Everyone relaxed and having a good time.

My AD also here. She got arrested about 2 weeks ago, and one of her friends bailed her out. She looked good, ate well. At the end of the evening, everyone gone and husband in other room, she and I just sitting on couch. And she asked if I had the number for the out pt detox center, or could we find it online. I said yes. And she wanted the number for the salvation army. So, I was thinking to myself, well this is good... she is asking for this info. She must be really interested. Then she says she has one more question. Only part of her bond was paid. Is there anyway I could pay anything towards the rest so it isn't revoked.

I dont know if she really needed money for rest of bond, or that was a story and she needed money for other things. She said she hated asking me. I said, I know you hate asking. But no, I can't give you any money. Sorry.

So now I figure, well, she was just asking about rehab options thinking that if I think she is all about rehab, I will be willing to pay money to keep her out of jail, and most likely she is not considering rehab all that seriously. That was a little kick in the heart.

6 months ago I would have gave her money. But been there, done that. She wasn't mad or upset.

It did put a damper on the whole niceness of the day though. oh well.
I am grateful for the rest of the day, and that she was able to be here, and she was not strung out or anything, and we had fun and a lot of laughs. I sure hope she gets through this tunnel soon.

Glad I could come here and post this cuz no one else really gets "it".