View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Niobe

Thank you for the quick responses, wywriter and jOSE2. Actually we have been dating only half a year and we are not planning to live together for a long time since we are comfortable with our own lives and most of all, we live only few minutes away from each other.

As of now I don't see any physcial threat coming out of him. He is not that type; he has a son and I can tell he has never been violent to his son physcially. What I am afraid is that I don't want him to be stressed out and get bad mood for doing something he doesn't want to do just because he thinks thats what I want. I am not a selfish person. I feel bad that he tries too hard to please me. In a way I think it's not fair to me, either...and doesn't make sense to me. He wants to make me happy so that he does things that he doesn't want to and get into a bad mood so that he behaves distantly or coldly to me... I am not sure if this is anything to do with his alcholism...maybe it's just his personality but the way he puts it I think it is and thus I wanted to ask your (people who have experience with dealing with AA) opinion.

I will talk him again today and ask him not to do anything that he doesn't want to do just because he thinks that would make me happy (because it does not eventually make me happy)...and see how he says.

Again thank you so much for your support and a virtual hug

oh and Happy Thanksgiving!

Niobe