View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 09:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
cuyootoo

That was a really great post, binder.

Originally Posted by Seared View Post
I mean, I feel like I can't make myself make the choice to quit drinking for good.
If you perceive alcohol intoxication to be what it really is, you won't have to convince yourself to stop. It could be that you have deep seated psychological issues that are using alcoholism to manifest how you really feel comfortable in life. Or the euphoria may be tricking your intellect into missing the way alcohol is affecting your mental and motor skills. That happened to me. It really helps me to keep from drinking when I recognize alcohol intoxication for what it is.

Alcohol intoxication distorts feelings and emotions, causes depression and delusions, automatically disqualifies your credibility, puts you physically in danger because you can't protect yourself like you should, makes real contact with other human beings impossible.

Alcohol intoxication is fun though, I have to admit, I get A LOT of euphoria out of it, but at what price? All of the aforementioned. I can think of better ways to get euphoria and fun out of life than alcohol intoxication. Such as hang gliding (it would be safer than drinking, but still give the adrenaline rush), sports, playing games, exploring, stuff like that.

I hope this helps you truly want to stop, because I think you can do most things, within reason, that you actually want to do. Right now you want to drink, because you don't perceive alcohol to be what it really is. There is no sense in trying to make yourself do something that you don't really want to do. Alcohol messes lots of people up when they are drinking, not just alcoholics. And alcohol could really mess you up too, it certainly messed me up.