Old 09-06-2004, 03:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Don S

Originally Posted by lulu70
Thanks so much everyone, for your kind words. I am just an emotional wreck right now. I KNOW that drinking will not make it better, and I am not going to drink. I think I am having some kind of emotional breakdown. I'm also not taking very good care of myself--too much caffeine and nicotine, not enough sleep, not eating very well, laying around too much. I know it will get better, and it is still better than it was before. Like I said before, I think I am having growing pains.

Thanks again--
Hi, Lulu,
I do remember that when I first quit I seemed to have a strong attraction to coffee and anything containing caffeine. I don't smoke, but I'd imagine that ongoing stimulation is something your body and brain are kind of craving, too. But I realized that was kind of like picking at the scabs of my old drinking behavior, so I minimized my daily coffee as much as I could bear. So I'd suggest (and you know this, anyway...) you cut back on the caffeine, get more rest, eat right, and get some exercise. There. Did I sound like your mom, or what?!
Oh, yeah--quit smoking too.
Maybe some warm baths, chamomile and valerian tea, nice soft music, a massage.....
Don S