View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 02:31 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
originalhirevs

I have lost about 10 lbs, but it's only been 3 weeks, I hope to lose more. I actually got to the point where a drink made me throw up, so I quit, I figured my body was telling me enough is enough. After 4 days of nondrinking, I got very sick, could not eat, lost my sense of taste, slept for two days, sweated, drank lots of water and ate very little. I believe this was my body detoxing itself. Then I gradually got better and could eat again. I have not had any urge at all to drink again, and I am gratefull.
The advantages are enourmous, I finally sleep normal, no nightmares, sleep is only 8-9 hours instead of 10-12 hours to recover from the booze. My face is thin again, eyes are clear and white, I can remember things easier and suddenly I have more problem solving skills and association patterns come fast. I no longer have long drawn out nightmares when I sleep. I no longer have to wake up and drink water or juice about 5 times a night to hydrate my body because of dehydration caused by alcohol. My body has lost about 5 lbs of water weight, I believe alcholism makes your body retain water. One interesting thing I noticed as well when I first quit, for several days I woke up with the taste of salt in my mouth. I think when I quit my body started getting rid of salt, because salt helps you to retain water. Once the body felt safe enough it started shedding the salt. This is why you gain weight when drinking. I am going to have my BP checked as well next time I go to the doctor, its should go down.
The best thing to remember is this: "What did Alchohol do for you, except make you sick?" The way you feel when you quit is like getting a new life again, the benefits completely outweigh the old tired, sick feeling you had when drinking.
Best wishes to you and a speedy new rejuvenation.