View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 12:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Pigtails

Originally Posted by BadLove View Post
Hello everyone. Kind of feel like I've been overdoing the postings (sorry!), but SR obsessing is helping get me through my first week. One thing I've been wondering about is the physical changes you have gone through since you quit drinking. I've read that many people lose weight and have more energy, but are there other shifts in your body/appearance you've experienced? Closing in on day 6, my hands are a little steadier, no abdominal pain, and my body and face don't feel as puffy. I'm hoping my complexion will eventually clear up and be less splotchy.

Thanks! It's hard to remember what my body's natural state is like - unaltered by the effects of alcohol. Also waiting it out as the anxiety decreases....

Abby
I've lost weight without trying (I've even been eating more sweets/fatty stuff, and would like to stop that, but for now I'd rather eat than drink! And I haven't been exercising, which I know will help even more). I feel like my face looks healthier and not bloated, slimmer (my whole body actually). I have wanted to take care of my physical appearance more for the first time in ages-- wearing a bit of makeup, going shopping for new shoes, caring about my clothes, etc.

I am a young, attractive woman but for quite awhile I looked frumpy and a mess, because I just didn't care, on the inside as well as the outside. It's a shame what alcohol does!