View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DrivenHeart85
Always, Never & Forever

I'm Freakin' Weird. lol

I get anxiety when riding in the car with others on road trips about there not being gas station around to stop for restroom breaks. This is absolutely absurd because I don't have any bladder or "other" problems and also because this weird anxiety trip didn't start until my alcohol addiction really kicked in. I think it's some sort of strangely manifested alcohol related anxiety problem. Although it didn't stop even last time after 8 months of not drinking.

I think it also started because I was hanging out with an alcoholic ex who'd get so drunk and messed up that he'd **** himself while sleeping. I guess in my head that's the epitome of social catastrophe if you lost control of "those functions". And now I have this insane fear that it'll happen to me when I'm riding in a car with people. And even worse, when I get anxious, then I actually do have to go to the bathroom. Other people think I'm off my rocker because even 15 minutes trips with them in the car freaks me out.

I don't know how to stop this paranoid, idiotic anxiety thought pattern...I mean, you can't not ride in cars with people for the rest of your life. lol For long trips I usually drug myself with dramamine to fall asleep so I don't freak out. It's just exhausting to carry this weird, embarrassing anxiety around with me. Any ideas how to make it stop???