Old 09-05-2004, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by lulu70
Now I don't know what I want. I am irritable and discontent. On the outside, I think I look like I am holding it all together, but on the inside I feel like I am falling apart.
You too?
I think we're right where we're supposed to be Laura. I am so irritable these days, it's all I can manage sometimes to be around my children. Noises bother me way more than usual, I find myself short tempered at the slightest annoyance, I just want to stay under the covers all day, I have to really push myself to go out to meetings, etc, etc, etc...
I'm told, and I've read that it happens to a lot of us around this time in sobriety. Might even be Post Acute Withdrawal. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going through. So I make darn certain I examine what's happening to me. Now's the time to really work hard, harder than usual I mean, to maintain some kind of balance. I'm really paying attention to what I eat, I try to set some time aside to just be in a quiet place every day, and above all, I look for reminders everywhere why I have chosen abstinence.
Originally Posted by lulu70
Life is so much better now.
Some days, that's all I have as a reminder.
And it's really the only one we need I think.
Thanks for sharing Laura, and letting me know that I truly am not alone in this journey towards a sober life.