Old 11-18-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bubblehead

I don't feel I have a character defect. I didn't particularly lie while drinking, I just neglected to tell the person I was living with I was sneaking beers while he was at work. I did go to great lengths to hide it. I didn't tell my daughter either but she busted out laughing when I told her I was an alcoholic, because I never acted drunk and its taken me a year of counseling to figure out I wasn't the monster my former signifcant other said I was. It was an abusive relationship. I didn't really "DO" anything bad while drunk. Mainly sat on the couch and cried. I paid for my beer myself, still paid my own bills with my own money which I worked for. I have also since found out the only person who accused me of being an alcoholic monster has done really horrible, foul things to other people and then tried to point out their flaws or outright make up flaws to justify why it ok to treat others this was. Oh and guess what guys for people who remember my situation? Not only is this supposed non drinker drinking, he is getting drunk with his uncle who was lucky enough to get a kidney transplant, which he needed because of drinking. Its public on both of their facebooks.
In other areas of my life, I don't lie, I dont cheat, I don't steal. I work, pay my taxes and even volunteer, which I don't have to. I had been using alcohol to self medicate my anxiety which is something I know I will never do again. I should have just been getting the hell out of the situation I was in instead. I have been restored to sanity, not only because I quit drinking problematically. I have taken control of my own life again and I am becoming healthy in ALL areas.