Old 11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DrivenHeart85
Always, Never & Forever

I've been on both ends of the recovery spectrum. When I was in AA I felt a little "silenced and beat up", that was just me and my AA experience though...it was enough to lead me down a different recovery path eventually but AA does seem to work well for other people so they can just go nuts with it while I go nuts with my thing.

But I don't think I was ever the run-of-the-mill drunk ***hole type. I was more the passive, isolated, don't let anyone know about my addiction type. I know I've gotten angry when drunk with others but it's never been violence...minus my ex's car. lol I've kept jobs, graduated college and have had no run ins with the law...this can be accomplished with a lot of fear, anxiety and awareness revolving your addiction. lol

In my opinion, some of us were jerks before alcohol and some weren't. But AFTER alcohol, we've all did at least a handful of things we wouldn't had we been sober which is why spiritual healing can sound appealing.

And if you're a straight female, switch to Playgirl...that stuff's gonna give you an inferiority complex. lol