View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AcceptingChange

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
But I'm just kind of freaking out - have the 4 kids to myself tonight as my significant other went back to her hometown to wait for her father to pass away. I'm so sad about that and everything. Trying to get the kids fed and homework done and now I'm just sitting here crying. I want a drink so badly - (no worries took my pill today so I can't drink until Wednesday evening at the soonest) I'm just sad and want a break right now. I know this will pass in 30 minutes or so - just overwhelmed right now...
4 kids, that's a lot of responsibility. Depending on their age, you may not have a lot of control over them. They are hyperactive playful puppies, which is a lot of work for the overworked parent dogs.

But now that the moment is passed, yesterday is gone, i'm curious, does the same feeling at the same intensity that you had, still remain today?
One of the things alcohol brings is the illusion of control over situations.

Learning how to not react to the temptation, learning not to bite the fishhook of a drink, because reacting will keep us trapped, and snag us.
We can learn to get the feeling of happiness from yesterday's accomplishment of not giving in to temptation, and knowing we are breaking out of our negative cycles.

So feel good today! You got through yesterday, and that was not easy.