View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RylianH

Hey I know how you feel - I'm on Day 6 but I've yet to find a pattern. I sat up for two straight days until last night, went to bed at 8.30 in the evening and got up at 3.45 this morning.

If I have any advice it would be to try not to beat yourself up over it. You're still only in the second week and it does take time for your body clock to adjust. I'm just making sure I get up in the mornings - I see that as a victory, even if I only manage a couple of hours of sleep.

The other thing you could do if it continues and it's too much for you is go and see your doctor. I know that a lack of sleep can be a serious trigger, because of the potential to pass out. However, this is an urban myth in a way. The chemicals in alcohol actually do the opposite - you may pass out if you've drank too much, but the chemicals in your body that help you to sleep are partly nullified by the booze itself. I'm not a scientist so I don't have the terms, but I was reading a really interesting article about it recently and it's good to be armed with that knowledge.

But good luck. Insomnia or simply lack of sleep is a killer and a hard thing to get through. Just know if you can't sleep and it's getting too much that we're here for you.