Thread: Husband using?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 08:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lesliej

"However, money keeps disappearing..."
"My only signs were money disappearing"
I am still learning so much about the power of this disease...the whole disease, including the people connected to it: the dysfunctional system of this disease. We want so badly for the person we love to be clean. We want it so bad we can't see what is right in front of us sometimes. I have come to learn to trust myself. I have come to trust that I will not be so fearfully desperate of losing love that I will give my heart to a relationship without trust.
But STILL I am afraid of relapsing. My exAbf only moved out 3 days ago. I guess I will go one day at a time. Live in peace and serenity and pray for the strength to do what it takes to not be connected to active addiction.
Though the man has been in and out or recovery for TWENTY YEARS and has done a lot of work...he still leaves himself wide open and vulnerable to relapsing and he does. He uses. I would say that the twenty years has been active. He has used recovery to try to manage his use.
Active addicts are powerless over their use, and just as powerless over their lies.
People in love with addicts are powerless over their use and powerless over their lies.