Thread: Husband using?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
addictionwife

Sounds exactly what I went through. When I really started to notice big time was when a $1500 dollar paycheck for one week slowly decreased to $500 and he was working longer hours. (He wasn't actually working more, but telling me he was and driving to get pills). Things I found in my searches were straws, or tubes used for snorting. Pens torn apart or odd looking pipes basically, odd quarters or straight edged things left laying in a very random spot, baggies, either plastic shopping bag pieces that are twisted up or the corner of a ziploc bag. Sleeping odd hours, not eating, I could probably go on. The only way I got my husband to take a test was to catch him by surprise and force him to do it in front of me. It took a few times for me to catch on, twice I caught him trying to use plain water, and once he tried to use the water in the bottom of the toilet. Get any money you have left and hide it, even if that means closing your bank accounts, and set your boundaries now. The imminent danger of losing his family "might" make him admit to a problem, but if your case is like mine, I had to remove myself and my kids from the situation in order for him to actually do it. Good luck with it, I hope for your sake and his that he gets help.