Thread: Husband using?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ac2126

Husband using?

I found out almost two years ago that my husband was snorting pills. He said he had been for a year and a half. I found out because all of our money-literally thousands of dollars-was disappearing. He finally admitted he had a problem and got help.

He claims to have been clean since then, and I believe him most of the time. However, money keeps disappearing. We are still in $40k debt after paying off nearly $40k. He has stolen checks from my checkbook and taken cash advances on his credit card. He claims he is not using, but that he still owes people money from before.

I don't believe him and want him to take a drug test. Every time I ask he "Doesn't have to go" or claims he can't go in front of me. Twice he's taken one, but I haven't been around to see it happen so I have my doubts. Everyone else believes him and believes he still owes money, but I am very suspicious.

I want my marriage to work and I want him to be better, but I can't stand the constant lies. I don't know how much pills costs, but I don't see how a year and a half of using can rack up so much debt that it is still being paid off nearly two years later.

He won't admit anything to me. I felt so stupid before because I didn't know he was using. My only signs were money disappearing and him disappearing. What signs can I look for now?