Thread: Spirituality
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gmoney
Evolving Addict

Originally Posted by ZACHk View Post
spirituality....how wil i get a spiritual awakening what are some things that can cause one
I'm a member of NA. Here's some of the things NA says about "spiritual awakening."

"'How will I know when I have had a spiritual awakening?" For many of us, a spiritual awakening comes gradually. Perhaps our first spiritual awareness is as simple as a new appreciation for life. Maybe one day we'll suddenly discover the sound of birds singing early in the morning. The simple beauty of a flower may remind us that there is a Power greater than ourselves at work around us." - JFT, pg. 12

How about -

"Though we all work the same steps, each of us experiences the spiritual awakening resulting from them in our own way. The shape that spiritual awakening takes in our lives will vary, depending on who we are. For some of us, the spiritual awakening promised in the twelfth step will result in a renewed interest in religion or mysticism. Others will awaken to an understanding of the lives of those around them, experiencing empathy perhaps for the first time. Still others will realize that the steps have awakened them to their own moral or ethical principles. Most of us experience our spiritual awakening as a combination of these things, each combination as unique as the individual who's been awakened." - JFT, pg. 97

Hope that helps.
G