Old 11-13-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
freethinking
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
I guess, as a gay male, I seldom even make all those, 'Oh, he's hot' comments, but the one time I did, woah, it was like I killed Jesus. That, and they just got more and more rigid with what you could even talk about...and so it evolved into a spat over what was 'appropriate', and they came out with a list that basically made anything they felt was inappropriate a cardinal sin, and thus, many people got the boot, me included.

There's so many things they got more and more touchy about...it came to be very restrictive feeling, for all the talk of accepting things, and disputing what upset you with those ABCs.

The RL meetings did not feel like this, though.
Geez, that really stinks. Unless it was "run" by different moderators, I probably wouldn't want to go back either.

It's funny, when I was planning my wedding many years ago I was on this forum called "the knot". these women were the nastiest bunch of raging lunatics i have ever come across. they were so NASTY to each other....would find out people's personal identities and harass them even....yet nobody really ever stepped in. that's the way most forums have been run that i've been on, so the whole censoring thing is a little weird to me anywhere online.