Old 11-13-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cuyootoo

At first I thought you were going to say that you couldn't convince your loved one to stop worrying about your drinking again, but then you said that he wasn't worried, but that you would be worried if you were him. Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Chances are he really is worried. And you are worried too. But, if you and he weren't worrying about YOUR alcoholism, would you just substitute some other issue and worry about that instead? Or would you both simply cease to worry? Maybe you could help your husband along with one of his issues for a change. You know, take the focus off of you and help him. I don't know, I could be completely off base here.

Personally, I don't know how my loved ones will ever trust me like they did before. That really sucks, and sometimes it makes me just want to start over with new loved ones, but honestly that is going to happen anyway because there aren't many loved ones left anymore.

Alcoholism is a really lonely disease. I have lost a lot of friends due in part to my drinking. It seems easier at times to try to start completely over with a new set of people, but that doesn't seem right for a lot of reasons. Anyway, what if I did drink again and then just lost my new set of loved ones? How horrible alcoholism is.