View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 02:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

So, I am thinking that I need to go about this book maybe twice. And first deal with my dad and sister. I am wondering what others think. I have so much built up towards them. So wodering before I start if you agree to just focus on my dad and sister first then go back and focus on my RAH. Or is i possible focus on both at the same time.
There is nothing wrong with going through a book or other Recovery material twice. Or three or four or twenty times. There are several I have read many times because it seems I learn a lesson, then I forget, and need to learn it again, just with a different person That's just how life works. Life brings you the same lesson over and over until you learn it completely. I have been brought the same "person" many times. They just all look a little differently than the last one. Many of my boyfriends have been just like my dad.

Try to focus on you, how you feel, what you're doing, etc. The way I did this at first was to begin to learn how to LISTEN to myself. In the beginning I heard myself begin most of my sentences with "He" and "She." Now, when discussing relationship issues, I begin my sentences with "I."

A good author to read in addition to Beatty is Harville Hendrix. They should have him at the library.