View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tigger41

Learning from others

I have to say that coming here has been an eye opener. I'm 9 days sober and thanking God I'm not drinking and got help. I "only" drank about half a bottle of wine a night - sometimes more (yes I know normal people do not drink a half a bottle a wine a night). I started hiding my drinking - that's when I knew I was in trouble (that on top of I couldn't really stop for a night).
And drinking things like rum the past few months.

It's difficult to come to terms with having a problem that no one else sees (as I've hidden it well) but I have to say that listening to folks on these boards make me very thankful of your stories. I have to come to grips with the fact that I really can't have a drink again - but after knowing that this could progress to drinking in the morning or DUIs etc really gave me pause.

That and hearing that everyone that goes back to drinking ends up with the same drinking problems. You really can't go back and control it can you? I am truly just really coming to realize this.

So for now - thanks to all of you for being there and I'll keep taking my little Antabuse pill until I'm sure I REALLY understand that I can never have a drink again.