Thread: fingers crossed
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lesliej

just this morning I have my addict boyfriend of two years moving out of my house.
yes, he is a beautiful spirit...he is also a cunning addict who lies and uses. I have gone far enough down the spiral and I want my power back. I want my life back. I want a healthier relationship, and I have worked REALLY hard for the last two years on my own program and in codependency and relationship issues and therapy to finally truly believe i really deserve it.

There is often the problem of our own "terminal uniqueness"...OUR relationship will be different. It will be so gorgeous and great when the healing happens...all I have to do is keep working on it...sooooo much work. Still, the addict uses. I think that if I ever encounter another beautiful spirit that speaks in poetic tongue about love...but uses drugs or is only a short while clean...I will take the advice that addicts themselves give..."RUN RUN RUN"

We can't cause it cure it or control it. But we can certainly give our hearts away to it. And we can give weeks, months, years of our life energy to it...

Love. Peace. Life.