Old 09-03-2004, 11:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
brookelea

I think I am mostly depressive with only moderate mania.

Me too! That's why Im classifed as type 2.

* creative/artistic (photography, music, crafts, etc)

many many creative thoughts, yet no motivation to accomplish any most of the time - I love photography, and I had hobbies of crocheting and have done many parts of wedding decorations/planning for friends.

* Paranoia (mostly that people are talking behind my back and spreading rumors)

Mine is mostly that everyone thinks I'm a complete idiot and a nutcase and talking about that to everyone behind my back - not sure if that is just because I have severely low self esteem or is a bi-polar trait

* Insomnia at times and over-sleeping at others

Definately oversleeping. I can sleep for 24 hours and not think anything of it.

* anxiety

CONSTANT worry!! CONSTANTLY analyzing everything! Told that was Generalized Anxiety Disorder though *Shrug*

* appetite changes

Nope, always the same, always wanting to eat!

* weight changes (gained 75 pounds within a year after my first major episode in college)

Gained 50 lbs because of my depression, lost 20 lbs during an up period, and all right back when put back on meds!

* Irritablility (easily angered or hurt feelings)

ALWAYS! I am always on edge, my feelings are "on top of my skin", touch me and you hurt me.

* Increased/Decreased activity: depending upon which state I'm in. I've never had a bad experience with mania - I really enjoy it, because I can mult-task like nobody's business and I come up with all kinds of great ideas to improve my life and everyone's around me. (I'm keeping a list so that I can get my inventions patented some day and make like a gazillion dollars)

85% decreased activity, 10% increased activity, 5% anger induced activity level

* racing thoughts (sometimes it's like a violent and incomprehendable set of pictures flashing in my head at the speed of light and I can't turn it off. I've also described it to people as like watching a movie in super fast forward and you have no idea what the movie is about). I appear normal on the outside, but inside my head is about to explode and if my body could keep up I would look like superman when he's zipping around faster than a speeding bullet.

I think you are just hearing my mind!

* Confusion/unclear thinking/forgetfullness

When they aren't racing, they aren't clear

* Unable to function - bills go unpaid even when funds are available, problems with work and getting out of bed. Feels like I'm drowing each day

This is why I am applying for Social Security Disability and got approved last week!

* headaches

Every day

* spending money with no regard for future

Never have been able to save anything, always impulse buy. If I go to the store I MUST have a list with me to get out of the store safely. When I am down I feel the need to "treat" myself to make me feel better. Only to feel worse when I have no money to eat at the end of the month

* Driving problems - careless and often forget where I'm going. Or drive according to my mood (Depressed = too slow/Manic = too fast)

Ever wonder how you got somewhere sometimes? But you were the one in the driver's seat?

* I constantly say to people "I'm sorry" (Although, I'm not sure if this is a bi-polar or co-dependency issue?)

I do this too, but I think it is again poor self esteem or co-dependency

I think my attention span has gotten the best of me because now I forgot all the things that I had to add to this list. I will come back and finish when I remember.