View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Hey Pete ---

Congrats on.............37 days today. You've gotten a lot of great suggestions so far; I just have one question and one (two?) suggestion(s); I hope I don't repeat anything from others...........

You say you're going to meetings; you've got some phone numbers; and you've got your sponsor from before.........

So, first the question; have you called/been calling your sponsor........?

This suggestion is one my sponsor gave to me; a pretty good one for early recovery, as I recall.....This is sort of a two-part suggestion (re: getting and using phone numgers........:

1) Get at least two new phone numbers at each meeting you attend; and

2) Call at least three people daily.....and you must have a conversation with each person; not counting messages left with roommates, spouses, S/O's, other relatives and/or in-laws, etc., or any messages left on voicemail/answering machines. Now, I know holding a conversation with a virtual stranger can be intimidating, but these conversations can be very short; heck, when a person answers, you could just say, "Hey, this is Pete, and this is one of my AA calls for today," and then you could hang-up. See......? easy......

(o:
NoelleR