View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Doingbetter

In recovery

Here is my brief history. I was introduced to oxycontins when I was 22, it started slow doing one or two 40's a week and then I realized how much money there was to selling them before I knew it I had all the money and didn't know what to do with it. Before I knew it I was doing 10-15 80 mg oxys a day for roughly 4 years. I knew I had a problem so I started goin to the methadone clinic where I got up to 240 mg a day. Pure hell, I was a slave to the stuff. So I left started buying them off the street just to save money. Long story short I weened myself down to about 5-10 mg a day. It took a long time and money. I went cold turkey July 24th and with the help of friends and family and a shitload of vitamins I kicked it with very mild withdrawals. I will list the vitamins that helped me.
Potassium pills( bananas are also a great source of it). Vitamin B6, L-methionine ,livertox II, Glutamine, Omega 3-6-9, or fish oil, L-tyrosine, zincum merallicum, great for restless legs as is potassium. Kava Kava and melatonin. And if you can get ur hands on them Valium or Xanax help tremendously. This worked wonders for me by day 3 I felt great. Worst part is insomnia but that goes away and try to get plenty of exercise. Eat fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of Gatorade or anything to stay hydrated. Hope this works for u. It is a struggle but if I can do it anybody can. Keep your head up and you'll be so happy you got this monkey off your back. And as much as this stuff helps support groups including friends and family can not be understated. Good luck to all!! You will be so happy once you get thru the worst of it and it's totally worth it!