View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

Smile 23 months sober tomorrow!!

I can hardly believe it! Tomorrow marks 23 months without a drop of alcohol. My life has improved so much it's completely different from how I used to live. I smile more. I feel like smiling more! I'm in a good mood most of the time. I sleep like a baby and wake up feeling good. I take better care of my dogs and myself and we all show it in our happy healthy dispositions.

For the longest time I didn't think I could do it. I tried and failed, over and over, but thanks to the good people here and my addiction counselor I didn't give up on myself - I kept trying, and by golly, I finally did it!

I attribute a lot of my success to being grateful. I'm thankful for all my blessings, and contrary to my old negative attitude, my blessings are many.

I'm enjoying my life now whereas before I was just existing from bottle to bottle and was miserable all the time. I was resentful of happy people but now I'm one of those happy people!

It took me a while to start feeling like a decent human being again. It didn't happen overnight. Took several months before I felt 'normal' but it was worth the wait.

If you're just starting out, or starting over, don't give up! Keep at it until you make it! It's worth the effort.