Old 09-03-2004, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dotcom

The way to stay positive in recovery is to feed yourself positive things. If you ever wonder why your appetite calls for something, just take a look at what you're feeding yourself!!
great point! thank you service junkie. last weekend, i had a wonderful weekend. i went to a show for all the right reasons. i just felt so happy to go. i hadnt done anything like that for myself in a long time. in other words, i was afraid to do anything nice to myself so i guess i was feeding myself rottenness! now im working on being positive but also not forgetting that i am an addict and have tendencies to be very weak around hot lines, lines, pipes, needles, foil, etc.

I got better by limiting the exposure .. I would tell myself I am going to go and see te band, If I am enjoying it I will stay, if I am not, I'll go. I'm up to about a 3 hr concert, or an hour at a bar to check out a band. I can ride the bike all day and not be uncomfortable ( cept for my buttocks falling asleep).
thank you gooch! ironically, that is what i did last weekend. i stayed only for one band, i was tired and i went home. i knew if i stayed later i would be tired, grouchy, and it would just be too much for me. it is SO wierd to go to a show and not utilize the restrooms for my habit. or go outside and chainsmoke or chug a 40. but, i had SO MUCH FUN being there sober. i actually heard the music, LOL.

Im a caretaker type..Cause i tend to dislike myself so id rather help others then help myself or take care of myself...
thank you wish! i am like this too. i get to not liking myself so i choose not to do nice things for myself which makes me restless. i am trying to stop being so much of a caretaker, but it can be trying.