Old 11-06-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sooners
Oxy Fighter

Question Does anyone know how to stop panic attacks when using Medical Marijuana?

If there is a way to help with panic attacks while smoking marijuana, I would really like to know for sure.

I used to smoke Marijuana when I was in my teens (I am 40 now) and never had a problem, thought it was fun…. then I grew up LOL.

Anyway, I’ve been a type 1 diabetic since birth and now my neuropathy is very painful, I have full neuropathy in my feet, legs and now has moved to my hands. My doctor and I have tried everything in the past two years, now she said all we have left is narcotics (e.g., oxy, morphine etc.), but she would feel more comfortable if I would try using medical marijuana first, so I filled out the paper work and 4 months later got my MMAR (Canadian license to process). I tried using it, even at a very small dose and I start having panic attacks. Now, I’ve had panic attacks since I was in my 20’s and I know how to talk myself down from them and rarely experience one anymore.

Now that I am trying MJ again I am getting them every time I try to use it and it’s clean product coming from the government, not off the street. I don’t know what else to do really. Pain or Anxiety? I guess I will have to choose my sanity thank you, but I don’t want to move to having to use narcotic’s either (which the doc had me on 20 mg oxycodone while waiting on my paperwork to come in), as all I hear is horrible things about them, and it was hard getting off them just after 4 months of use.

If anyone knows how to stop panic attacks while smoking MJ, please let me know. I even use extremely small amounts and it doesn’t matter. It’s like I can’t win LOL, I’m doomed to live with pain in my life. No other meds work, the medical marijuana gives me panic attacks…. don’t know what to do really.

P.S.
Would taking a 0.5 xanax before administering the marijuana dose help? (That's what I plan on asking my doctor on my next visit on the 24th of Nov. thought I would throw it out here and see if anyone has any advice on it, as I have a regular prescription of them, rarely use them, as I control my panic attacks quite well, but I do have access to them if I need them).