View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Regrets528

Dealing with Guilt and anxiety

Hey guys I am about to make it a week of being sober. One of the reasons I began this toxic habit was after a night in which I was black out drunk and cheated on my long time girlfriend. The next morning I was sick to my stomach with guilt and anxiety, I spent the day a mess, throwing up and losing myself. This is something I have never done and never wanted to do and the conflict in character was killing me. Since that day In the spring I have dealt with the guilt and anxiety by drinking. Whenever I had a calm moment at night when I wasnt working the guilt and anxiety would emerge. I would drink to kill it.

Since stopping this cycle my mind has been clear and I am dealing with it better. I talked to several of my close friends that told me I need to put this behind me and forget about it. I am looking for advice on how to deal with the guilt of what I did. I have never told my girlfriend and honestly would never want to. I know I will never make this mistake again as I never made it in 29 years prior. I do not want her to suffer at all and am looking for ways to deal with this guilt on my own.