View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
honeypie

Goodcheer: our mothers must be long lost twins. I actually tell people my mom is just like Martha Stewart and I am the opposite! My whole life has been a struggle for me to feel okay with not being who she always wanted me to be. I was messy and a tomboy and wore flip flops. She wanted preppy, Lily Pulitzer daughter with pretty nails. Not me! My sister was more like my mom. Anyway she is coming for Thanksgiving and I have been wondering how am I going to NOT drink wine with her? It's what we do. It is just simply what we ALWAYS DO! Sigh. I will need to post here every hour I guess!!

Anyway, everyone's advice is so great. Clean up the best you can, tell her you're not drinking (she might be secretly jealous actually) and stay cheerful! Whatever happens try to stay balanced and strong. Your peace and strength.

Deserto, buddy and pal, you are not the only one who has slipped in the October group, and I daresay others have too (ahem, yes, I did back in October, I just never mentioned it because I was embarrassed, duh, doy, knucklehead me) ---I feel like the AA saying that "it takes what it takes' is true.

You are here! We are here for you!! We are all here because we have issues with drinking so it is the right place to be! We can do this.

Geralt - great to hear from you, congrats on losing weight but poor Zuzia will have to go on a doggie diet!! (I could not find an emoticon for that one...)

Have a great day everyone. And hey, ALASKA - we love you!! :ghug3